Islamic Developement Bank- Jeddah
The program aims at contributing to the alleviation of poverty and the reduction of poverty rates and providing employment opportunities in order to improve and enhance the livelihoods of poor and low income families in the least developed communities, and providing adults in these families, particularly women and unemployed youth with technical and financial support enabling them to execute small income generating activities and projects and enabling them to enroll in the productive cycle and participating in the process of the local and sustainable socio-economic development.
To achieve these goals the project aims at supporting the financial and institutional capacities through instilling the best practices of Microfinance that best coincide with the Islamic sharia for the best interest of the Microfinance unit of the Central Bank of Sudan, the intermediate Microfinance institutions as well as the Microfinance units in the banks in order to empower poor families and unemployed segments in the targeted areas and delivering services that respond to their needs according to the results and recommendations of the feasibility studies of the targeted groups. The following are some of the most important services:
- Scouting the available opportunities for self employment and local investment.
- Technical training on independent initiatives, building professional relations with the private sector and providing supportive services.
- Financing and establishing effective partnerships with the Microfinance institutions.
- The key and necessary services for enhancing the environment of the income generating activities.
The Project will cover the following elements:
- Financing the Micro and Meso projects as well as the income generating activities.
- providing consultancy services for the intermediate Microfinance institutions, including:
- Need Assessment
- Developing the systems of Islamic Microfinance.
- Studying the means for enhancing and developing the systems of the Microfinance institutions.
- Designing the follow-up and program evaluation systems.
- Designing the systems for impact assessment and for evaluating the standards in Islamic Microfinance.
- Establishing systems for the orienting and raising-awareness regarding the concepts of Islamic Microfinance and small business management.
- Recommending MIS systems and tools.
- Training the intermediate Microfinance institutions.
- Tools and programs for the Microfinance MIS.
- Technical training development programs to meet the market needs.
- Support the project implementation unit.